1972 Plymouth Barracuda Graphite
Graphite pencils on 12X18 Fabriano Artistico, 140 LB Hot Press Watercolor Paper, 32 hours
I think i did a pretty good job with this one. My proportions are close, but need to be tightened up some around intricate grill passages. This grill came out okay, but i used to nail passages like this years ago, and this grill is not as clean and crisp as i wanted it to come out.
I decided to pay more attention to the pavement than i usually do because the driver parked it on the stripe in the parking lot, and this stripe showed up on the car in a very interesting pattern. So i wanted to include the stripe and more parking lot than just the shadow. What do you think? Does it work? Does it add or take away from the drawing?
Most of the transitions in the value changes came out well, but i am still not as smooth as i want it to be. The original looks better than this, smoother, but i am still responsible for the presentation of the work. Iím getting better, but i am not there yet.
I am pleased that i was able to get many of the value changes the way i wanted them to look. I am happy with the interior, as i got a good representation of it without distracting from the front end. Not sure i like the license plate that i toned down to keep from being a distraction.
So i still have things to improve on, but if it was easy, then it would not be such a challenge. Nor so rewarding as i get closer to the effects i am trying to achieve.
Here is a candy grape version colored by [link]
Here is the reference photograph that i used [link]